A VLE IMS License patch (patch number 8318) will need to be applied to your Sims data before you can carry out the below, please contact Scomis for a copy of this Patch.
NOTE – If another VLE web service already exists it must be deleted, as only one VLE web service can be used at a time.Users must have been granted System Manager and School Administrator permissions to enable them to set up and use the VLE IMS Export Utility.
THE BELOW PROCESS IS FOR HOSTED SERVICES SCHOOL ONLY. NON HOSTED SERVICES SCHOOL SHOULD FOLLOW THIS DOCUMENT Managing the IMS VLE Export Utility
Once the patch has been applied please follow the below steps
1. Select Tools | Setups | SIMS Services to display the SIMS .net Services page.
2. Click the Add New Service button to display the display the Add Service and add the VLE IMSES web service.
Add New Service button
3. Enter the URL for your VLE Web provider. The URL must include the addition of the letter ‘s’ after http, for example, https://com.fronter.
4. Click the OK button to return to the SIMS .net Services panel.
5. Click on VLE IMSES Web Service so it goes blue then click the Inspect Selected Service Detail button to open the Service Details dialog.
Inspect Selected Services button
6. Enter the Service User Name as ***/***IMS, where the *** is your VLE orgid information and ***IMS is the VLE Administrator UserID issued by your VLE provider.
7. Enter the Service Password for the VLE administrator.
8. Click the Ok button to save the details and return to the SIMS .net Services panel.
9. Highlight the service and click the Test button in the bottom left-hand corner of the SIMS .net Services panel to ensure that the connection to the internet works satisfactorily. A message is displayed, informing you of the outcome of the test.