It is possible to connect to the Scomis Hosted Application Service (Terminal Server) using an Apple Macbook from home or in school using the Microsoft Remote Desktop client.
- NOTE: Capita SIMS .net requires Microsoft Office Products for reporting, it is therefore the responsibility of all schools to ensure that all users and devices are covered for remote use rights by having a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Licence (Standard Edition Minimum).
For instructions on configuring iPads or other iOS devices please use the guidance provided on this FAQ – http://faq.scomis.org/kb13251/
If you already have the Microsoft RDP App installed – try this Quick Connect.ink before configuring the App.
If you are looking for printing trouble shooting please read this NOTE.
To connect to the Scomis Hosted Application Service (Terminal Server) on an OSX device please follow the below steps:
1. Open the Apple App Store and search for ’Microsoft Remote Desktop’, then press the “GET” button to download and install it.
2. Once installed, open the application and click on the cog icon and select preferences.
3. Choose the Gateway tab and add in gw-eclipse.rdp.scomis.org
4. Click on the red dot in the top left of the screen (in OS X) to close the preferences window.
5. Click on the ‘+’ button to create a new ‘Add PC’ connection.
6. Populate the fields as shown in the image below under the General tab:
NOTE: Use farm.rdp.scomis.org and select the gw-eclipse.rdp.scomis.org gateway you created earlier.
7. Click on the ‘Folders’ tab and add any folders you wish to access by click the + button.
8. Click on the ‘Devices & Audio’ tab and select the ‘Printers’ & ‘Clipboard’ option as below:
9. Click Save.
NOTE: Make sure on the Mac you go into System Preferences – Printers & Scanners – set the Default printer drop down to your main printer. (Otherwise you may not have a default printer in SIMS).
10. The RDP client home screen will now list all the connections that have been created, you can create as many as required.
11. Double click on the desired connection and login using your normal login details as provided by Scomis.
Please note: If this FAQ is applied to a private home computer, Scomis is unable to provide support.
NOTE ON PRINTING
Make sure you have “Forward Printing Devices” ticked as mentioned here.