FOR SCOMIS S & N ONLY
There are some stages that you need to do to get a new shortcut. This example is for a web address so you will need to copy an existing VBS file and amend it.
So on a front end server,
- browse to E:\Profiles\Scripts2\Programs
- Locate a VBS file that contains a web link (e.g. CensusWebsite.vbs)
- Copy the file and rename the copy as appropriate
- Update the address in the vbs file
- Launch SIMS and login as Scotech
- On the appropriate panel, add a shortcut and browse to your new script.
- Test that it works.
- Launch C:\Program Files\Scomis\TSShortcuts\PopulateScoMIS_ShortCuts.exe
- Click the “Synchronise” button – this will enumerate every school database and add shortcuts.
- Meanwhile, copy the VBS script into the T:\Source\Push\E$ProfilesScripts2 folder structures
- Then run the Push script.
On SIMSNET01/SIMSDB05 (when the populate shortcuts has finished)
- Launch SQL Server Manager
- Connect to SIMSDB05\SIMS2008
- Browse to Scomis_Shortcuts database and select the dbo.sco_Shortcuts table (right click and choose Select Top 1000 rows)
- Near the bottom you will find your shortcut, make a note of the sco_shortcut_id
- Open a new Query Window and enter the following, replacing the <shortcut_id> with the id you noted earlier.
- use ScoMIS_Shortcuts;
- update dbo.sco_Shortcuts SET available_to=’ADGroup’ where sco_shortcut_id=<shortcut_id>;
- Reload the previous select statement to check that the group is now set.
The shortcut should now be available in the Shortcut Manager.