For more information on installing this app on either personal or managed Chromebook devices please see the following FAQs:
For personal devices: https://faq.scomis.org/kb22722/
For managed devices: https://faq.scomis.org/kb22733/
To connect to the Scomis Hosted Application Service (Hosted SIMS) from the Microsoft Remote Desktop App please follow the below steps:
- You firstly need to configure a Gateway, click on the icon (Settings) on the top left hand corner.
- Select Gateways on the Settings Screen and select the plus +.
- Select Server name (Host name or IP address).Enter gw-eclipse.rdp.scomis.org
- Leave the User Account as – Use desktop user account and click Save.
- You should then have gw.scomis.org listed in the Gateways screen
- Select Settings (top left hand corner) and select Gateways, then select the plus +
- Select Server name (Host name or IP address). Enter gw-swgfl.rdp.scomis.org
- Quit the settings menus by selecting the back arrow.
- Click the + symbol on the top right corner and chose Desktop.
- Select PC Name – Host Name or IP address, enter cl2.rdp.scomis.org as the Host name.
- Select User name and choose Add User Account.
! If the device is used by multiple people on the same google login for security, we should highly recommend that you select Enter Every Time for username, and not store the users credentials.
- Under username enter simsnet\followed by your Hosted Services username.
For example user joe.bloggs23 would be simsnet\joe.bloggs23
- Under Password enter your Hosted Services password and then click Save
- Tick Show additional options and select Gateway. Choose gw-swgfl.rdp.scomis.org
- Set the Friendly Name to Scomis Hosted Connection 1 and click Save.
- Click the +symbol on the top right corner and chose Desktop. (again)
- Select PC Name – Host Name or IP address and Enter cl2.rdp.scomis.org as the Host name.
- Select User name select your user from the drop-down menu – click on little grey triangle.
- Tick Show additional options and select Gateway. Choose gw-eclipse.rdp.scomis.org.
- Set the Friendly Name to Scomis Hosted Connection 2 and click Save.
- Click on the Scomis Hosted Connection 1 or 2 icon to connect to SIMS.