This page describes the errors displayed by the Scomis FCR FMS Database Selector Utility to assist in troubleshooting
Note: It has not been possible to make the application compatible with UAC, if you wish to use this application on a Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 2008 system you will need to disable UAC.
The error following messages may appear, note that each error message should have a number directing you to a possible solution…
- Error #01 – The system does not have a SIMS.INI file in the windows folder, or the user does not have permission to read it.
- Error #02 – The SIMS.INI file does not contain a FinanceDirectory entry, this is normally like:FinanceDirectory=c:\Program Files\SIMS\FMSSQL
- Error #03 – FinanceDirectory folder referenced in the SIMS.ini file does not exist or the user does not have permission to read it.
- Error #04 – The SIMS.INI file does not contain a SIMSDirectory entry, this is normally like:
- Error #05– The SIMSDirectory folder referenced in the SIMS.ini file does not exist, or the user does not have permission to read it.
- Check the mapped drive is available if that is the location
- If UAC is enabled it will need to be disabled to use this application
- e.g. G:\SIMS\FMSConnect.ini
- As above check the mapped drive is available if that is the location
- Error #08 – The application was unable to write the local FMSConnect.ini file, this would normally indicate an NTFS permission issue in C:\Program Files\SIMS\FMSSQL\FMSConnect.ini – to use this application the user needs permission to edit this file.
- Error #09 – This check is Terminal Server only and indicates that the “FMSSQLDirectory\FMSConnect.ini” file is not pointing to V:\ConnectINI or could also be due to a bad sims.ini make sure of the following:
- On Server 2003 / FinanceDirectory=F:\Public\FMSSQL
- On Server 2008 / FinanceDirectory=C:\Program Files\SIMS\FMSSQL
- Error #10 – This check is terminal server specific and indicates that the V:\ConnectINI\FMSConnect.ini file does not exist, this is probably a problem with the logon script, the school should be pointed to the version with the FCR updates… but first ask them to log out and in again as that may resovle the problem
- Error #11 = The user is unable to write to the local fmsconnect.ini file, UACis enabled, you will need to disable it to use this application.
- Error #12 – The user is unable to write to the local fmsconnect.ini but UAC is either disabled or not present, check ntfs permissions.
- Error #13 – There are multiple nested Redirect entries in the FMSConnect.ini. This application can only handle 2 levels deep. To resolve you will need to:
1. Delete the ScoMISFMSDatabaseSelector.ini in the shared SIMS folder if it exists.
2. Change the FMSConnect.ini file in FinanceDirectory as referenced in the SIMS.ini so that it Redirects directly to the SimsDirectory as referenced in the SIMS.INI.