By default, Windows 7 will not display hidden or system (super hidden) files. This is done to prevent users from accidentally deleting System files. However more advanced users may require the ability to see these files.
Follow these steps to cause Windows to show super hidden files.
- Open My Computer,
- Click on the “Organise” toolbar
- Choose the “Folder and Search Options” menu
- On the Folder Options dialog box, click the View tab.
- In the Advanced Settings List, under “Hidden files and Folders”, select the option to show hidden files.
- In the Advanced Settings List, remove the tick from “Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)”
- Click Apply
Reviewed on 17/02/2015