Windows Update is usually configured to check for updates at least once a week. However you may need to run Windows Update manually from time to time.
- Click Start
- Type “Windows Update” – Windows will automatically search for the correct Windows Update shortcut for you.
- Click on the Windows Update shortcut
- Click on the button to “Check for Updates” (this process may take some time)
- Select the required updates and click Install
- At the end of the update process you will be prompted to reboot the computer
Reviewed on 17/02/2015