Background :Local authorities use Capita ONE to receive attendance and student data from schools through B2B. The next upgrade (version 3.66) to Capita ONE will require the TLS settings in Sims and in Sims Online services to be on either 1.1 or 1.2 otherwise the transfers will fail. By default the TLS settings are at 1.0. It is advised that all schools who use B2B within Sims change their TLS settings to the required level. TLS 1.1 and 1.2 are compatible with the current version of Capita ONE. Please follow the instructions below:
- In Sims, go to Routines – Data Exchange – Configuration
- In panel 1, there is a drop down menu labelled “Security Protocol Type” You will need to make sure that it shows either TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2
SIMS Services Manager has been amended at this end to allow the B2B update to work for all Hosted schools.
- Go to Routines – Data Exchange – Configuration
- In panel1, there is a drop down menu labelled “Security Protocol Type” You will need to make sure that is shows either TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2
- Next, go into SIMS Services Manager and select the blue square and then choose the cog icon. Select TLS 1.1 or TLS 1.2 from the Security Protocol drop down list..
- Go to Services from your start menu and restart the SIMS Services Manager.
- Check your proxy/firewall settings allow connection using TLS1.2
Note: When you restart SIMS Services Manager, it will affect Teacher App, In Touch and other services using SSM so you may want to do this out of hours.