1. Check that current Season is correct for the Basedata selected. Check the user is ‘IN’ the correct Season. (At the bottom of Exams Organiser)
2. Check that the correct Basedata files for that Season are unzipped and in the EXAMIN directory.
For example, if user is trying to import Basedata for June 2020, the Basedata series would be S6*20_**.x**. where 6 is the month and 20 is the year.
If the Basedata files are not present in the EXAMIN folder, the Series will need to be downloaded from the relevant Boards website and unzipped.
3. Check that Basedata has not already been imported against this Season, or any other Season. To view if Basedata has already been imported into the current Season, expand the Board by clicking on the + on the left hand side of the Board. This will allow you to view the Series files if imported.
a) Once a Series file has been imported, it cannot be imported again. To add new Awards or Elements you must Refresh the Basedata.
b) A series can be imported into one Season only. If you are trying to import a Series that has already been imported into a ‘duplicate’ season it will not find the file.
To check if the Series has been imported into any other Season select Tools | School Setup | Seasons.
The View can be changed from ‘Open’ to ‘Locked’ and also ‘Closed’ to view ALL the Seasons.
c) If the Season has been locked, this needs to be unlocked
d) If the Season has been Closed and Basedata has been imported it will not be possible to process the examinations from a closed Season.
e) If you have a ‘duplicate’ Season matching the same months it is possible that the Basedata has been imported into this Season. Change your current Season in Exams Organiser and investigate the Basedata tree again to check if the files have been imported.
4. Check that School Details is pointed to the correct EDI EXAMIN folder. This is found Tools | School Setup | School Details.
5. Ensure you are importing the Series into the correct Board Code.
Check the routing code of the Board by selecting Focus | Basedata – Select the Board and right click to view the properties. The routing code must match the Series File Code. For example file S1C14_11 must be imported into Edexcel/GCE routing code 11.
6. Ensure that the Basedata is not in a Sub-Folder in the EXAMIN folder. If the file path points to the EXAMIN and the Basedata is inside another folder in the EXAMIN, it will not be recognised by Exams.