The standard Scomis admin server has two shares on it: Whole and Public. These should be mapped to from all admin machines.
Whole is mapped as drive F: and only administrators should have access to this. This is where you would, for example, store documents that were not for public viewing.
Public is mapped to G: and all users who access this – for example SIMS users – should be given Modify permission levels.
- Click on the Start button
- Select “Computer” in the Start menu
- Navigate to, and then right click on the drive containing the shares .
- Select Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Left click on the Security tab on the Properties page. This will display the Users and their relevant permissions.
- To add or remove any permissions or users then left click on the Edit button.
Last Reviewed: 16/02/2015