Support for 2-year courses has been enhanced from the 2015-2016 year. Setting the duration for 2 years will automatically set the membership for each student with an end date which reflects the 2 year duration, e.g. start date …/09/2015 -end date will automatically default to …./07/2017.
If the level (e.g. GCE2Y) is always a 2 year course then you can globally set this in Tools /Academic Management / Course Manager / Course Manager Settings. Any class sent across from Nova T6 with that level will automatically update the memberships to reflect a 2 year end date. Alternately if you are manually adding a new course, set the duration for 2 years in the Duration and Tolerance panel.
1. 2 year course is added in Course Manager with start date in September 2015.
2. Update course memberships is run for 2015-2016.
3. Memberships will reflect an end date of 2017.
The following is likely to be the main way in which Post 16 Learning Aims are reported for School Census Autumn 2015 for subjects where the new two year A-level is available.
- 2014-15 Learning Aims are reported with the old QAN and a Planned End Date before 01/08/2015
- 2015-16 Learning Aims for retakes of AS-Level are reported with the old AS-Level QAN and a Planned End Date before 01/08/2016
- 2015-16 Learning Aims for retakes of A-Level are reported with the old A-Level QAN and a Planned End Date before 01/08/2016
- 2015-16 Learning Aims for non-retakes of AS-Level are reported with the new AS-Level QAN and a Planned End Date before 01/08/2016
- 2015-16 Learning Aims for non-retakes of A-Level are reported with the new A-Level QAN and a Planned End Date before 01/08/2017 (this is only relevant for the unusual case where a student is aiming for the new A-Level without first taking the new AS-Level)
In the situation described above schools may find it useful to make use of the new Level code for the new AS-Levels and new A-Levels. Click here for more information about the new levels