Torbay Council Intranet is called Insight. Also the telephone directory is called corp-toad2.
To access these sites (if you do not have access already) you will have to do the following:
- Go to Computer.
- Click C: drive
- Open Windows folder
- Find and open System32 folder
- Find and open the Drivers folder
- Open the ETC folder
- Open the HOSTS file with notepad.
- At the bottom, after local host, hit enter and key in the following lines:
The numbers and words are separated by a TAB press
- Next open Internet Explorer
- Open Tools – Internet Options – Connections – LAN Settings
- In LAN settings – select Advanced in the bottom corner
- In the Exceptions box -‘Do not use the proxy server for addesses beginning with:’ type: (in lowercase)
- If there is anything else written in the Exceptions be sure to separate them with a semi colon ;
By following these steps you should be able to access the Torbay CC intranet and add it as a favourite. Http://insight
NOTE: When editing the HOSTS file make sure its not saved as a text file. This file should not have a file extension.
Please call the Scomis Service Desk if you have any problems with this process or it does not work.
Reviewed on 01/08/2019