Failed to communicate correctly with the API – Possible Username/Password Error
The above error can occur for two reasons
- The DataExports User password will need to be reset in FMS
- The FMS Database SQL Server name is incorrect within the setup as per screen shots below
To resolve this issue
- Log into FMS>Tools>Manage Users and reset the DataExport password.
- Log into DCC\Plymouth Apps Petty Cash, via Users tab you can access and edit the new password, as per the screen shot on the left. Save a test the credentials. You should receive the message above in green, Credentials Test passed successfully.
- Close petty cash and log back in. The error should be resolved and the cache will refresh in the normal way.
- If the error still occurs please check the FMS Database SQL Server name, this should be the same when logging into petty cash as per screen shot on the right and the server name as per screen shot on the left. If the server names are not the same you will need to confirm via F:Public\SIMS\FMSconnectini or local drive and confirm the server name.
- Edit the server name within the petty cash login setup, screen shot on right and save. Close application and log back in.