This FAQ details the support available for Antivirus software provided under the Scomis antivirus scheme.
McAfee Virus Scan is coming to it’s end of life on the 31/12/2021. Please ensure your antivirus is updated before then.
- Your purchase through the Scomis AntiVirus Scheme covers software licencing only
- ScoMIS support the current version of VirusScan Enterprise as per your SLA with us, for example:
- We only support AntiVirus on your curriculum network if you have whole school support with us
- We only support Antivirus on your RM network if you have an RM enhanced SLA with us
- We only support Antivirus on your Viglen network if you have a Viglen enhanced SLA with us
- ScoMIS do not support Sophos, RM, Symantec or other antivirus vendors’ software
- ScoMIS make the software available for home desktops and laptops but do not support these machines
- ScoMIS cannot make our McAfee grant number available because support requests to McAfee are chargeable to us
- If you are looking for assistance with ePolicy Orchestrator or other McAfee products unsupported by Scomis we recommend the McAfee Forums – http://forums.mcafeehelp.com or the McAfee Knowledge Base – https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=home
- Current VirusScan Installable Release – http://faq.scomis.org/kb2283/
- Current VirusScan Patch – http://faq.scomis.org/kb2306/
- Supported environments for the McAfee VirusScan software – http://faq.scomis.org/kb2321/