1. From the Cover Arrangements page, click the New Absence button to display the Record Classroom Staff Absence dialog.
2. Select the absent member of staff in the Staff panel (use the Ctrl key to select multiple staff members).
3. Select a reason for the absence in the Reasons panel.
4. In the Duration panel, specify the required date range by entering a From and To date.
5. You can record the absence for sessions of time by selecting the By Time radio button and then the required options from the drop-down lists.
Alternatively, you can record the absence by period by selecting the By Period radio button and then the required options from the drop-down lists.
6. Enter a description of the absence in the Notes panel if required, e.g. Interview for English Teaching Assistant.
7. Click the Add Absence(s) button. The member of staff appears in the Pending Absence panel.
8. Click the OK button to add the staff absence to the Cover Diary.The absent member of staff is shown as requiring cover on the Cover Arrangements panel.