If your school would like to leave the service, either to take the SIMS / FMS data back to be locally hosted or have your MIS migrated to an alternative provider please follow this process..
- Log a call with the Scomis Service Desk to initiate the process, this will need to be a written request by email from the account holder, e.g. Headteacher or School Business Manager.
- Scomis will endevour to work with your school to choose a mutually convenient date for the data transfer process to proceed. We would normally need a minimum of 14 days notice to schedule this in.
- If the school are taking the installation of SIMS back locally Scomis will charge our standard rates for this work. For a primary school this is normally one day or two days for a Secondary.
- This is for SIMS/FMS and may take longer if Discover and Solus3 need to be implemented at the same time.
- If the school need the data transferring to an alternative provider Scomis will make the data available for download from a secure file transfer site.
- Scomis will charge our standard rate if the school require Scomis to transfer the data to the alternative provider.
- Once this process has been completed your school data will remain within our platform for up to 6 months as part of our normal backup retention processes.