The Scomis Hosted Applications Service will normally prompt users to change their passwords every 42 days, however it can sometimes be useful to change your Scomis password. For example, a student may have seen you enter the password, or you need to use the Hosted Applications Service from home during the school holidays – the Scomis Gateway won’t let you log on with an expired password!
To change your password manually
- Ensure that you have logged into the Scomis Hosted Applications Service
- Press Ctrl-Alt-End (while holding down the Ctrl and Alt keys, press the End key), a dialog is displayed
- Click the Change Password button
- Enter your Current password in the Old password box, then type your new password in both of the other input boxes.
- Click Ok, after a short time, a message will be displayed acknowledging your change of password.
Remember, your password must be at least 8 characters long and contain an Upper, Lower, Number or a Special Character. It must also not be a password that you have used before.