I need to enter attendance code Y in SIMS but the code is not available for me to select.
Code Y is used to indicate where a pupil is unable to attend school because:
- The School site, or part of it, is closed due to an unavoidable cause
- The transport provided by the school or local authority is not available and where the pupils home is not within walking distance; or
- A local or national emergency has resulted in a widespread disruption to travel which has prevented the pupil from attending school.
Entering Attendance Code Y
To enter a code Y in SIMS .net attendance you need to:
- Open SIMS .net
- Go to Focus > Attendance > Exceptional Circumstances*.
- Click new.
- Enter the date range you require.
- Select the appropriate Group Type (e.g. Whole School if the whole school was closed or Individual pupil / Reg Group / Year Group if this was a partial closure).
- Click Search, if appropriate select the individual students / groups.
- Choose the Y code in the Code selection box.
- Add an appropriate description and then click apply.
*If your school has purchased Lesson Monitor then the path in step 1 will be Focus > Lesson Monitor > Exceptional Circumstances.