How to Set Your Browser Start Page in Chrome
- Click the Google Chrome icon to start your browser
- In the top-right corner of your window, click the Chrome menu.
- Select Settings
- Under “Appearance”, tick the box Show Home button.
- Below “Show Home button”, click the link Change to choose your home page.
How To Set Your Browser Start Page in Internet Explorer
- Click on your Internet Explorer icon; you’ll find this in your Start menu, or the toolbar at the bottom of your desktop window.
- Browse to www.devon.gov.uk/scomis.
- When the page has loaded go to the toolbar at the top of browser, and click on “Tools”, then “Internet Options”.
- At the top of the pop-up, you’ll see a “Home Page” box. The address of the site that you are currently at (http://www.devon.gov.uk/scomis) is there. Press the “Use Current” button to specify this page as your home page.
How to Set Your Browser
Start Page in Firefox
- Click on the Firefox icon to start up your browser.
- Navigate to the site that you’d like as your Home page.
- At the top of your browser window, you’ll see the Firefox tool bar (this includes the words “File”, “Edit”, etc.). Click on Tools, then Options.
- The popup window will open up with the default option of General. At the top of the window, you’ll see “Home Page Locations.” If you’re satisfied with the page you’re currently at and would like to set it as your Home Page, click on “Use Current Page.”
Reviewed 28/07/2020 – AT