Changing file viewing options in Windows
How to check that hidden files and folders, along with known file extensions, are displayed.
- Open Control Panel (Windows 10 type Control Panel in the Search Box and open – Windows 7 Click the Start button and Select Control Panel).
- Select ‘View by Large Icons’.
- Windows 10 open “File Explorer Options” – Windows 7 Open “Folder Options”.
- Click on the View tab.
- Tick Show hidden files, folders and drives.
- Un-tick Hide extensions for known file types.
Last Reviewed: 03/01/2018.