The SIMS Document Management Server stores documents that are created as part of SIMS in a store separate from the SIMS database. The Document Management Server (DMS) runs as a Windows Service usually on the main school workstation/server.
When a computer is renamed, the document server service generates a new configuration file. The contents of this new configuration file is usually wrong and needs to be corrected.
Scomis expects to see C:\DOCStorage as the default location of the document management store. Renaming the computer causes the DMS to use C:\SIMS\Documents as the default location.
Manually configure the Document Management Server
- Open the Services Control Panel (Start -> Run -> Services.msc)
- Find the SIMS Document Management Server Service and click Stop
- Open Explorer and browse to C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net Document Server
- Delete all Config Files such as SIMSDocumentServer_<servername>.config
- Open a Command Prompt and browse to the C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net Document Server
- Type DMCONFIG.EXE /DC:\DOCSTORAGE
- Close the Command Prompt
- In the Services Control panel, restart the Document Management Server
Reviewed on 17/02/2015