Digital Signature Failures
If the SOLUS download fails reporting ‘Digital Signature Failures’ please try the following.
1. In Internet Explorer go to Tools / Internet Options. Click on the Connections tab, click LAN Settings and check the proxy is set to proxy.swgfl.org.uk
2. Click Advanced and add ;*.scomis.org to the exceptions list.
3. Click OK, OK and OK and then close Internet Explorer.
4. Go to Start / Run type in cmd and click OK.
5. Type proxycfg -u then press enter.
6. Type exit.
7. Attempt the upgrade using SOLUS again.
‘Publisher could not be verified’ Messages
You may experience a ‘Publisher could not be verified’ message before each of the separate upgrade files run. Clicking OK on each message will allow the upgrade to continue, but clearly this can be time-consuming.
To stop the message appearing:
1. Go to Start / Run type gpedit.msc then click OK.
2. Go to User Configuration / Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Attachment Manager.
3. Click Add *.exe to the Inclusion list for moderate risk file types setting.
Upgrade completes on the Server, but workstations are not upgrading
1. Launch SIMS .net from Start / All Programs / SIMS Modules insteasd of from a desktop icon.
2. If this does not cause the workstation to upgrade go to Start / Run and type g:/sims/setups/Simsapplicationsetup.exe.
Reviewed on 01/04/2015