I don’t have a VAT receipt for my car parking charge

Here is the advice for schools from the DEVON VAT Team:-

“Car parking tickets which don’t show a VAT Registration Number but are still vatable (be aware that ON-STREET car parking is never vatable) the schools can send in requests for journals so that they can be refunded the identified VAT”

1. Enter the receipt into FMS petty cash using the VAT code ‘outside the scope’

2. Make the petty cash claim in the normal way

3. Email the VAT Team requesting a journal transfer for the VAT amount


Reviewed 31/7/20



Reviewed 23/02/2015

How useful was this article?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating / 5. Vote count:

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Similar Posts