Scomis Hosted Application Connector – Software Restriction Policies / Applocker
If your school network uses Applocker or other Software Restriction Policiy software such as RM CC3/4 you need to be aware of the following…
- Users require read and execute permission to the Microsoft Remote Desktop Program normally found in C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe
- Users may require access to the Screwdrivers Control panel (.cpl) which may be blocked on some networked systems, refer to your network manual.
For ease of deployment Scomis recommend the following are excluded from your policies to enable the Connector to function correctly.
- Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- C:\Program Files\Scomis\Hosted Applications
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Scomis\Hosted Applications
For more granular control the programs within these folders could be allowed but please be aware the Scomis Connector is self updating so any file fingerprint based technology such as Applocker would need to have its policy updated each time we release an updated Connector.
reviewed : 2019-11-19 – TW