It is possible to connect to the Scomis Hosted Application Service (Hosted SIMS) using an Android devices from home or in school using the Microsoft Remote Desktop client.
- NOTE: Capita SIMS .net requires Microsoft Office Products for reporting, it is therefore the responsibility of all schools to ensure that all users and devices are covered for remote use rights by having a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Licence (Standard Edition Minimum).
To connect to the Scomis Hosted Application Service (Hosted SIMS) please follow the below steps:
- Open the Google Playstore and search for ’Microsoft Remote Desktop’, then download and install it. (Accept the agreement if this is the first time you have used it).
- You firstly need to configure a Gateway, click on the = icon (Settings).
- Select Gateways on the Settings Screen and select the plus.
- Select Server name (Host name or IP address).Enter gw-eclipse.rdp.scomis.org and click on Done
- Leave the User Account as – Use desktop user account and click Save.
- You should then have gweclipse.rdp.scomis.org listed in the Gateways screen, quit the settings menus by selecting the back arrow.
- Click the + symbol on the top right corner and chose Desktop.
- Select PC Name – Host Name or IP address.
- Enter webclient.rdp.scomis.org as the Host name.
- Select User name and choose Add User Account.
- Under username enter simsnet followed by your Hosted Services username. Under Password enter your Hosted Services password and then click Save.
- Tick Show additional options and select Gateway. Choose gw-eclipse.rdp.scomis.org.
(Optional : Set the Friendly Name to Scomis Hosted Services) and click Save.
- Click on the Scomis Hosted Services connection icon to connect to SIMS.