Schools who use the Scomis Hosted Applications Service must use the SWGfL smart host for sending email notification messages for BACS payments. Schools will not be able to use their own hosted Exchange servers (Note this can also be applied to NON Terminal Server schools).
eAdvices are sent via SMTP on port 25.
Setting up FMS
- Log into FMS
- Open Tools, then Establishment Details.
- Click on Tab 5 – Email Setup
- Enter smtp.scomis.org into the Mail Server box
- Enter 25 into the Port Number box
- Enter the Email address of the school/person who will be responsible for sending the eAdvices into the Return e-mail Address box
- Alter the Subject line and Message (body) as appropriate.
- Save the settings
- Finally, re-open the BACS eAdvice page and click the Test Mail Server Setup – An email will be sent to the email address defined in the Return e-mail address.
- Next open Tools | Accounts Payable Parameters | Tab 4 Cheque Layout/BACS Parameters the BACS output directory will need to be set to F:\FINANCE\BACS