The Scomis backup control program helps to manage the scheduled backup of SQL attached databases.
Ensure that a Windows user account called Backup exists on the workstation and is a member of the Back Operators and Administrators security group.
Installing Backup Control
- Download and install the Scomis Backup Control program from “http://upgrades.scomis.org/”
- Enter the schools Full DCSF number and school name when prompted.
- Start Backup Control
- Add a new Backup, choosing the SIMS .net option
- Select the SIMS SQL Instance and Database, then click Next
- Enter a Description for the backup, then click Save.
- Repeat adding new backup tasks for FMS, FCRFMS and scomis_apps databases
- Setting the Scheduled Task
- Click Start,
- Type “Scheduled Tasks” and press Enter
- Create a new Basic Task
- Give the task a name of “Scomis Backup Control”, then click Next
- Set a Daily Trigger, then click Next
- Set the time for the Daily backup trigger, then click next,
- For the Action, choose “Start a Program”, then click Next,
- Configure the task to start to “C:\Program Files\Scomis\Backup Control\ExecuteBackups.bat”, then click Next,
- Put a tick in the “Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish”, then click Finish.
- Under the Security Options Change the User/Group to the Windows Backup User, entering the appropriate password as needed.
Reviewed on 17/02/2015