To connect to your hosted SIMS / FMS or other hosted applications whether at school or at home, you need to download and install the following 2 installers –
(1) Scomis Hosted Application Connector (v5.42)
(2) Driverless Printing Client (v4.8.03)
|Windows 10||Tested from a clean installation of the Connector. Should you upgrade to Windows 10 and have any problems with the Connector please reinstall the Connector from the links above.
Future versions of the Scomis Hosted Applications Connector will use the Microsoft .net Framework, please ensure that you have a minimum of version 4.0 installed or enabled.
|Windows 8, 8.1 and 8.1 Update||Some users report initial connection problems that can be solved following this http://faq.scomis.org/kb11685|
|Windows 7 SP1||Future versions of the Scomis Hosted Applications Connector will use the Microsoft .net Framework, please ensure that you have a minimum of version 4.0 installed or enabled.|
|Windows Vista SP2|
|Windows XP SP3||Please note Windows XP is no longer a supported operating system. If you are still using Windows XP you should upgrade or replace your computer ASAP.|
|Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 and 2012 R2 Update||Whilst users can connect from this Server OS we do not support nested sessions, i.e. a user connecting to schools server then connecting from there to the Scomis Hosted Application Service.|
|Windows Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2||Whilst users can connect from this Server OS we do not support nested sessions, i.e. a user connecting to schools server then connecting from there to the Scomis Hosted Application Service.|
|Apple OSX / iOS||For Apple Macbook Pro, Macbook Air please see: http://faq.scomis.org/kb11320/
For Ipad, Ipad Air & other Apple devices please see http://faq.scomis.org/kb13251/
|Android Devices||For Android based mobile devices and tablets please follow http://faq.scomis.org/kb16064/|
|ChromeOS Devices||Scomis are now piloting an HTML5 web based solution with schools. This allows Chromebook users to access the Scomis hosted platform via their Web browser. See http://faq.scomis.org/kb16818/ for further details. Alternatively, there are now some Chromebooks which are compatible with Android apps so we would recommend using the Microsoft RDP client and following https://faq.scomis.org/kb16064/ where possible.|
- NOTE: Capita SIMS .net requires Microsoft Office Products for reporting, it is therefore the responsibility of all schools to ensure that all users and devices are covered for remote use rights by having a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Licence (Standard Edition Minimum).
If you have been directed to this FAQ to resolve a problem please be aware you need to be an “administrator” in Windows to install software so you may need a member of your IT Support team to install this update for you onto your computer.
School ICT Staff should read the following before deploying the application:
- Scomis Hosted Application Connector – Upgrading / Deploying
- Scomis Hosted Application Connector – Software Restriction Policies / Applocker
- Scomis Hosted Application Connector – Connectivity Requirements
- Scomis Hosted Application Connector – SWGfL School Connectivity Requirements
Related FAQs & Known Issues:
- Connection options on the new Hosted Application Connector
- Scomis Hosted Application Connector – Detected by Antivirus Application as a Trojan Virus or Malware
- Scomis Hosted Application Connector – v5.3 What’s New?
- Scomis Hosted Application Connector – v5 What’s New?
- Removing the Hosted Application Connector
- Scomis Hosted Application Connector – Slow Connector Logon
- Scomis Hosted Application Connector – Connection problem from Windows 8, 8.1 or RDP8 on Windows 7
- XP SP3 with RDP v7 only – If you have installed RDP Client Version 7 (aka kb969084) please see http://faq.scomis.org/kb9263
- Printing Problems in Windows – The first step for printer troubleshooting should be to install the lastest Screwdrivers Driverless printing client using the links above.
- Windows 7 error relating to the ssl certificate – Some Windows 7 clients have been affected by this hotfix – please try installing the hotfix on one system to make sure it fixes the problem before deploying to your site.
- Windows Root Certificate Update – All Windows machines will need the Microsoft KB931125 Root Certificates Update applied, this is usually applied through Windows Updates, but can be downloaded separately from http://catalog.update.microsoft.com (Internet Explorer required)
- Description of the driverless printing solution – http://faq.scomis.org/kb3082/
Scomis Hosted Applications
- 5.00 – Initial release, Full MSI Version, HostedApps = 5.00 Bootstrap = 2013040401
- 5.06 – Improved Connection testing routines
- 5.10 – Seamless connectivity / New Connection tester application launched from help menu / Improved bootstrap
- 5.30 – Carrier Neutral connectivity / Integrated Service Status
- 5.40 – Resolved Windows 10 Creator update issue
Driverless Printing Client
- 4.7.06 –
- Added – – Support for Dynamic – Virtual Channels, which fixes connection – issues in RDSH and RemoteApp
- Fixed – Margin – issue with certain paper sizes in MS Office
- 4.8.0 –
- Added – Enhanced compression for print data, up to 6x faster printing
- Added – Switch – to reset printer defaults – after each print job
- Added – – Log rotation – and size management
- Fixed – Communication errors with Simplify – License Service
- Fixed – Services change logging modes without – restart
- Fixed Margin – and output issues
- Fixed Xerox printers – forcing wrong paper type
- Fixed Font selection – issues
- Fixed Font rotation – issues
- 4.8.02 – June 2015
- Improved embedding of temporary and subset fonts
- fixed possible crash when enumerating irregular fonts
- fixed issue were client logs could cause mstsc.exe to hang
- fixed possible BSOD on session logon
- fixed issue in Server 2012 were connecting an RDP virtual channel would cause an unrecoverable error
- fixed issue were logging could prevent a process from correctly exiting